The release has the accumulated industrial strength and the extensive results from a series of large 3D Machine Vision R&D projects started in 2006. The latest project AutoCast with the goal to automate the casting industry, sponsored by the Norwegian Research Council and coordinated by Jøtul AS, has proven the Scorpion Vision Software platform and resulted in Scorpion 3D Stinger™ for Robot Vision. The system is proven for 3D Bin Picking in the Casting Industry.
The following features are available:
- Multicore support by manual thread management produces near optimal linear speed-up
- Improved MonoPose3D – locates an object in 3D with one camera
- also used to locate cameras in multi-camera systems
- Scorpion Plugins – custom Python component technology makes plugin reuse and custom GUI so easy
- Numerous improvements to 2D and 3D accuracy
- Enhanced 2D, LineScan, SmartCam and 3D Camera Support
- The best installer with management of the latest Open Source extensions
- Improved Locate3D with best in class accuracy and robustness with Stereo Vision – up to 4 cameras
- Installer with easy to download samples for 2D, 3D and Scorpion Vision Apps
- The updated combination of Scorpion VisionX, Scorpion Plugins and Scorpion Components makes Scorpion a very good OEM development tool
- Improved Windows 7 compatibility
The user interface also has built-in statistics and logging capabilities making it ideal for process control and integrating with manufacturing database systems.
Scorpion Vision Software® is an extremely robust and accurate 2D and 3D machine vision software framework including: integrated python development, scorpion plugins, scorpion components, .net plugins, 2D toolbox of 100 tools, 2D and 3D visualization, 3D toolbox containing 50 tools, extremely accurate 3D stereo vision, a nice tool set for 3D point cloud processing.
Scorpion Vision Software® is an independent and open software tool for industrial vision. The system gives the user the choice of a small form factor of an embedded PC, a SmartCam or the power of an Industrial PC multicore PC. The system is founded on top of a standard Windows XP/Vista/7 PC platform. It is cost effective benefitting from the processing power of the multicore CPU, low cost – high quality firewire/usb/GigE cameras and the possibility of connecting multiple cameras to one PC. The Scorpion Stinger family of hardware components are compatible with Scorpion Vision Software. Scorpion solves tasks within robot vision, label inspection, assembly verification, color identification and gauging.
Thor Vollset, Managing Director Tordivel AS
Phone: +47 2315 8700
Scorpion Vision Software® is a registered trademark of Tordivel AS. Scorpion 3D Stinger™ is a trademark of Tordivel AS.